Learn to stop vaping or quit smoking cigarettes at our Utah Outpatient Treatment Center: Overcome Tobacco Addiction Today!
How Do I Quit Smoking Cigarettes or Vaping?
If you are struggling with a nicotine addiction. Smoking Cessation Programs are available to help you quit smoking. Nicotine from cigarettes is addictive, and one of the U.S.’s most commonly abused substances. The leading cause of preventable death in America is tobacco. The last decade, however, has seen significant advances made in the behavioral and pharmaceutical treatments available to smokers who are trying to stop smoking.
Do I Need A Program To Quit Smoking?
It is best to have a professional assess your tobacco addiction. If you answered “yes” to any of the questions below; you should give us a call to see how Utah Trauma & Addiction Centers can help!
- Have you tried to stop smoking before but failed?
- Have you ever experienced nicotine withdrawal symptoms after you quit smoking? The following symptoms can occur: Rapid heart rate; Sweating; Shakiness; Irritability
- Have you continued to smoke despite being told by your doctor/loved ones that it will worsen the health condition you are suffering from.
- Do you need to smoke to relax or keep yourself normal during stressful times?
Numerous resources are available to assist you, or someone close to you, in overcoming tobacco dependence. It can be difficult to find the right smoking cessation program in Utah.
Please let us know how we can make the process more convenient and comfortable for you. You can ask any questions and learn about the latest treatment methods for smoking cessation.
It can be difficult to quit smoking and maintain a smoke-free lifestyle on your own. You can increase the chances of a successful recovery by seeking professional advice and expert guidance.
Combining with other mental health treatments is one of the best ways to treat nicotine dependence. A wide range of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and medications are available. Our experts in smoking cessation can help you tailor your treatment to meet your needs.
FAQs About Our Utah Smoking Cessation Program
The first steps in any smoking cessation program can be daunting. Recognizing a personal problem and then committing to a treatment program are two of the most difficult. The rehabilitation process can be a stressful experience for many people. The unknown is scary, just like anything else in life.
The long-term success rates of smoking cessation can be dramatically improved by medication-assisted therapy. Along with ongoing outpatient therapy; smoking cessation drugs play an important role in relieving physical stress associated with withdrawal.
What Happens When You Enter Our Nicotine Addiction Treatment Program In Utah?
A trained medical practitioner conducts a thorough physical and psychological evaluation. This assessment will then be used to develop a tailored treatment plan based on your specific smoking triggers.
An expert in smoking cessation works with you closely to identify the best NRTs and medications for your needs. Some NRTs include gum, nasal sprays, nicotine lozenges or patches. You may also consider medications such as Varenicline, Bupropion and Zyban.
You will begin intensive counseling and therapy. This is due to the success of using a combination of behavioral and pharmacological therapies.
Education on the health effects of nicotine and how to recover is often an important part of nicotine addiction treatment. Therapy sessions may include personalized coaching, which covers such topics as stress management and wellness.
You may be asked to include your family members in the recovery process. If you consent and your family is available, they may be invited to attend specialized sessions and receive education from counselors who are trained in quitting smoking.
At first, the prospect of treatment for smoking cessation may seem overwhelming. You can help yourself by learning as much about your options when it comes time to making the decision to quit smoking. Get your questions answered by calling us today to learn about the best treatment for you.
Our smoking cessation program consists of three (1) hour group sessions on an outpatient basis.
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Nicotine Addiction?
Treatment for nicotine addiction is usually done on an outpatient (non-residential) basis. However nicotine addiction is usually part of an overall group of mental and substance abuse issues; which require holistic treatment. To successfully modify your lifestyle to fully quit smoking; you must make significant behavioral changes. You will be able to stay away from smoking for longer if you make positive lifestyle changes.
It can be challenging to choose the right smoking cessation program. It can be difficult to choose the best treatment when there are so many choices. It’s important to consider your options, even though most treatment centers will use similar models. The likelihood of you achieving recovery increases when you find a program which fits your personal situation.
Smoking cessation is not easy. Even after you have been able to stop smoking, nicotine addiction can cause frequent episodes of chronic recumbency. This is why it’s often necessary to make multiple attempts before quitting for good. You will never be “cured” from a smoking habit, just as you won’t ever overcome other addictions. However, you can improve your ability to resist the urge to smoke and maintain the recovery process. Smoking cessation protocols are more effective the longer they are followed.
Call us to talk to someone who can help you make the transition from smoking to non-smoking a permanent one.
Smoking Cessation Programs In Utah To Treat Tobacco Addiction
Smoking addiction is treated by your doctor, community health centers and specialized clinics. Treatment includes attending an outpatient program. Utah Trauma and Addiction Centers offers cessation treatment while you are able to continue working and go back home each night.
Outpatient programs are best suited for individuals who have not had a longstanding problem with addiction or coexisting mental and medical conditions. Residential treatment programs are often more effective for people with serious substance abuse addictions or those who also have medical conditions.
Residential rehab centers provide staff who are available to monitor your progress 24 hours a day. Healthcare professionals are available 24/7 in both hospital and community-based rehab facilities. The most affordable inpatient option is usually standard residential treatment facilities. If you feel an inpatient smoking cessation program is right for you; please give us a call today to further discuss your options.
The cost of a luxury rehab center for smoking cessation is higher than that of standard residential treatment facilities because these include additional amenities, such as: Secluded settings, Private rooms, Wellness programs and Special nutrition.
Luxury smoking cessation facilities and executive rehabs offer similar treatment, as well as many of the resort-like facilities. Executive rehabs allow professionals who are busy to maintain their normal work schedule.
Paying For Your Smoking Cessation Treatment Program In Utah
Finding resources that can help you quit smoking is not always easy. Remember that every nicotine-free day saves you money on cigarettes. Some of the methods you can use to pay for treatment for smoking addiction include:
- Although insurance will cover many of the costs of treatment, you should review it carefully to ensure that there are no hidden costs. This includes medications or behavioral interventions.
- Before beginning treatment, check policy details, including exclusions and deductions. The American Lung Association is a great resource for determining whether or not nicotine addiction treatment services will be covered by the Affordable Care Act, and/or your insurance.
- You can borrow money from the public or private sector. Uninsured people may be able to borrow money from family and friends or from public sources.
- Employee Benefits.
What Happens After Your Utah Tobacco Cessation Program?
Healthy activities can help you recover from nicotine dependence. They make it less likely that you will smoke again. These activities are sometimes referred to by the term “smoking preventative behaviors”. They may involve lifestyle changes, such as:
- Yoga and aerobic exercise can also have positive effects on smoking withdrawal.
- You may need to change your perception of yourself to be able to maintain a long-term smoke-free lifestyle.
- After your smoking cessation program is complete, you should continue to use resources to help with relapses and join Nicotine Anonymous online or telephone support groups. This significant change in behavior is difficult. Even after quitting smoking, it is important to have the guidance and support of a trained therapist.
How To Choose The Best Smoking Cessation Program In Utah
The good news is you can overcome your addiction to smoking with a variety of options. There are at least nine medications, and three different psychosocial treatment options that have been shown to be highly effective in smoking cessation.
It is always in your best interest to consult an Utah Trauma and Addiction Centers professional regarding your tobacco cessation desires in order to sort out the pros, cons and other factors of different approaches. The following factors can influence a person’s treatment plan:
- Previous attempts to quit smoking
- Worries about possible adverse effects, such as weight gain
- Self analysis of triggers for relapse (e.g. physical cravings, stress)
- Conditions of co-existing mental or medical health that could require more intensive or additional treatment
When evaluating our smoking cessation treatment program, it is important to remember these factors:
- Our positive results and success rate
- Our caliber of practitioners who are trained
- Our treatment philosophy (abstinence versus medication management).
- Our affordable low cost
- We are accredited with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- We are located centrally to both Salt Lake City and Utah County
It isn’t always easy to choose the right smoking cessation treatment program for you. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs and circumstances. You can reach a member of our stop smoking treatment support team at any time by calling us. Our team is available 24 hours per day to answer any questions you may have.